As I prepare to leave the Ashram, I am overwhelmed with so many different types of emotions – sadness, excitement, confusion and even a little relief.
So much has happened on this second trip to Amritapuri. Here is a quick recap:
– participated in two yoga retreats
– taught swimming to the neighboring ashram students
– sang for the Onam celebration
– sang with the Ashram children for Amma’s big birthday celebration
– taught singing lessons
– wrote and recorded three songs at the University recording studio
– took two trips to neighboring beach towns for some fun in the sun
– made new friendships and reconnected with old friends
– almost finished the book I have been working on for two years
– and received four beautiful hugs from my spiritual teacher Amma
It has been an eventful two months. I have cried but have mostly laughed. I’ve healed broken parts of myself that I didn’t even know existed. I have experienced the kind of joy I thought only existed in movies. And most importantly, I have learned to love myself in a deeper more meaningful way than when I first arrived.
Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of more spiritual work to do, but I am content in all I have seen and experienced. And as always, I am looking forward to the next adventure. London I will see you shortly.